1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Probiotics for ME/CFS and IBS, Julin et al, Stora Sköndal (Sweden)

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by mango, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm sceptical when they start selling before providing documentation regarding effect, but nothing would be better than if it really turns out to be helpful for some. Just show us some evidence before asking for money, please.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

I'm interested in the study, but I don't like hype. And just using probiotics without looking at diet, physical activity, sleep patterns, time spent outdoors and other factors that can influence the gut microbiome just doesn't work for me. If you eat a diet that does not feed these bacteria, or that feeds bacteria that then outnumber the ones you want to move in/or in other ways stops the new bacteria from staying around) there will be issues. The "staying power" of probiotics is not that high to begin with if I remember correctly, although different ways of creating the capsules and what bacteria is included could give different results..

I'm a bit out of the research on this at the moment, so something might have changed :)

sebaaa, Kalliope and Trish like this.
  3. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Attached Files:

Yessica, Kalliope and Legend like this.