1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-print: Innate immune signaling & sex differences contribute to [..] impairment, neuroinflammation, & mitochondrial rewiring in [GWI], 2020, Bryant

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Andy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Innate immune signaling and sex differences contribute to neurocognitive impairment, neuroinflammation, and mitochondrial rewiring in a mouse model of Gulf War illness
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.08.28.271833v1

2. butter.

butter. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I simply cannot understand, and never will, why people do not understand that all of these mysterious diseases are druven by dysfunctional mitochondria.

I mean in me/cfs this should be seen as quasi factious until there is 100% proof for it because it is so unbelievably obvious and everything points in that direction for gods sake.

Is it not obvious that when you do not have enough energy that you do not produce enough?

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT FATIGUE BUT LACK OF ENERGY IN ME/CFS!

It would be nice and timely if scientists and doctors start to recognize this.

The reason we know so little about me/cfs is that we know so little about how to identify malfunctioning mitochondria in diverse tissue. 99% (my personal experience) of doctors still believe you can not have a mitochondrial disease without raised lactate.

Everything, I mean really everything screams: MITOCHONDRIA.

People still look at cytokines for f*** sake!

3. spinoza577

spinoza577 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No, it is not obvious.

It is empirical clear that drugs can change the feeling of "having energy" or "not having energy".

And only because there isn´t any drug that has been found to influence any fatique-feelings in CFS on any longer run, this doens´t mean that there is really no energy.

The feeling of no energy can have a lack of something at any place in the row (say in the muscles, in the nerves, in any special parts of the brain, or whatever).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  4. spinoza577

adambeyoncelowe, ukxmrv and Andy like this.
  5. spinoza577

ukxmrv and Andy like this.
  6. butter.

crazy talk. people keep doing that.

if you just feel fatigued, I guess you could go for a 10 k run, right?

If the actual energy is no issue there is absolutely zero risk whatsoever for you to do just that.

It does not matter because you just FEEL you have no energy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  7. spinoza577

No, for example, you might miss-wire you nerves.

The machinery of feeling could be ill. And the worse you would make it, the more difficult would it be to reverse it.

8. butter.

ahaaa.