1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Plasma exchange

Discussion in 'Drug and supplement treatments' started by Badpack, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Badpack

Badpack Established Member (Voting Rights)

Heyho,
    short introduction from my side, im from germany ( english is not my native language so please overlook possible grammar mistakes :) I got CFS after an infection with the legionnaires disease in 2014. I tried a lot of different therapies by now (some examples: Rituximab, Rapamun) and im now short before a plasma exchange treatment bc im still a big believer this disease is an autoimmune problem aka autoantibodies vs adrenergic/muscarinergic receptors and i hope i can at least see a short term relief in symptoms when they are gone for some time.

My question, did anyone else here try it before ? Did it help you and if yes for how long?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. beverlyhills

beverlyhills Established Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, I have had double exchange plasmapheresis in Thailand. No, it did not help. Yes, it would not hurt.

3. Badpack

Thanks a lot for the answer. Dont know what to expect but will definitely give it a try. I was tested positiv for ß2, M2 and nociceptin receptor autoantibodies. So lets see how life is without them for a while.

ladycatlover and Kitty like this.
  4. butter.

butter. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

hey!

did you have plasma exchange yet?

ty

5. Badpack

I did have one cycle of 7 exchanges over 10 days. Not gonna lie it was pretty exhausting. Sadly it did absolutely nothing for me.

6. butter.

butter. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

hey, what dose of rapamune did you try? did it help at all? how severe are you?

7. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  8. Badpack

@butter. 4mg loading dose followed by 2mg for about a month. Did nothing. Im bedridden most time of the day.

butter. likes this.