1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Patients with ... (ME/CFS) Who Have Already Visited Some Medical Institutions: Diagnosis, Treatment and Research, 2022, Sato

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, May 21, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Who Have Already Visited Some Medical Institutions: Diagnosis, Treatment and Research

Abstract

Myalgic encephalitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is an acquired intractable disease characterized by profound fatigue, post-exertional malaise, sleep disturbance, cognitive impairment, and orthostatic intolerance, among other features. The onset often follows an infectious episode. Importantly, the various types of autonomic dysfunctions, pain, and intolerance to various stimuli in ME/CFS patients are intrinsically different from the "fatigue" of healthy individuals. In this short essay, I summarize the current diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for ME/CFS, as well as the progress in the immunological and imaging research on this intractable disease.

English abstract only, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35589660/

Starlight and Peter Trewhitt like this.