1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Patient Access App article on CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Simbindi, Mar 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was browsing through the patient information links on the Patient Access app [https://account.patientaccess.com/] that my GP practice offers registered patients for ordering their repeat prescriptions, providing access to their basic medical records, vaccination history etc.

The following article is linked to under the box 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome':

https://patient.info/news-and-features/the-latest-thinking-on-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me

I think the full article can be accessed without logging into the Patient Info site.

2. Simbindi

cfsandmore, MeSci, Starlight and 4 others like this.
  3. Simbindi

I thought this information was worth posting because the new ME/CFS Nice guidelines are due to be published next month.

Therefore this may present a good opportunity for appropriate people to submit an updated article to this site. Maybe one that is more accurate in describing the full range of symptoms of ME and what symptom contingent pacing is, relevant links to GP training etc.

Not sure who to suggest to author such an article. Maybe something @PhysiosforME may like to consider and/or @EducateME

Edit: It would be really useful for patients to have a decent, up to date, article on this site, because they could then direct their GP to it (since the site itself is linked to the Patient Access App that GPs provide).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

For a start no mention in the article of severe/very severe

Also pretty poor that references to Reverse Therapy are in the article because the woman who wrote it reckons it helps her. Where is the balance on that......

cfsandmore, alktipping, MeSci and 5 others like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It would be good to have some kind of standard info, like a press release, as I imagine there will be a lot of sites that will need to update their info.

6. Simbindi

That's true, but I was particularly thinking about an updated and accurate article aimed at GPs for this site, as patients can point them to it because this is a site that is specifically designed to help give patients background information to improve the patient-GP consultations and to help patients manage their conditions with self-care.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021