1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

OneNeurology European Summit – Friday, December 17th 2021

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by Andy, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

The OneNeurology European Summit, organised under the auspices of the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union 2021, and the OneNeurology Partnership, will advance the ambition to build a European Health Union in which we address key common EU health challenges together, in a more coordinated and efficient way. In this regard, the EU needs to raise the priority of neurological disorders, which are the third leading cause of deaths in the EU and are identified as one of the NCD priority areas in the EU4Health Programme.

The event will feature high-level speakers and panelists, including Dr. Janez Poklukar (Minister of Health, Slovenia), Dr. Natasha Azzopardi-Muscat (Director of the Division of Country Health Policies and Systems, WHO Europe), John F. Ryan (Director, Public Health, Country Knowledge, Crisis Management, DG SANTE), Dr. Tarun Dua (Head, Brain Health Unit, WHO), Prof. Claudio Bassetti (President, European Academy of Neurology) and Prof. Wolfgang Grisold (President Elect, World Federation of Neurology).

The global action plan on neurological disorders will be adopted by WHO in 2022. The EU countries overwhelmingly supported the development of the plan. The Summit will discuss how the EU can best prepare for its implementation in Europe in a coordinated way, and in an alignment with the EU4Health Programme, to improve brain health and neurological care for one-third of the EU population that will be affected by neurological disorders.

Read more and register at https://oneneurology.net/eu-summit/

Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.
  2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What's the relevance to ME/CFS? Why is Bassetti highlighted?

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Well, I put it in General Disability topics due to it not being specific to ME/CFS (that I'm aware of), and I have no idea why my copy and paste only retained the bolding for Bassetti, sorry.

alktipping, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.