1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neuropsychological and neurophysiological correlates of fatigue in post-acute pts with neurological manifestations of COVID-19 (2021) Ortelli et al

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Hoopoe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

• Neuropsychological and neurophysiological features of fatigue were studied in post-COVID-19 patients.

• Apathy, deficits in executive functions and reduction in global cognition were found.

• Abnormal shortening of cortical silent period and lack of MEP depression were demonstrated after a fatiguing task.

• Disruption of post-exhaustion corticomotor inhibition suggests GABA-ergic dysfunction.

• GABA-ergic impairment might subtend fatigue and executive deficits in COVID-19.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022510X20306079

2. Joan Crawford

Joan Crawford Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for posting this. right up my alley :) I'll look at the paper to see what cognitive tests they used. Some are a lot better than others at highlighting the cognitive difficulties patients with ME can face and I suspect log Covid patients perhaps too. Like PASAT and so forth.