1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome: how could the illness develop?(2019) - G.Morris,Maes,Berk,Puri

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Sly Saint, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @MyalgicE.

Given that I didn't understand the original paper, logically I cannot comment on how accurate your summary is. What I can say is this: your piece sure is a heck of a lot easier to read :thumbup:

MyalgicE, andypants and Trish like this.
  2. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Michael Maes? No, I'm pretty sure he's from Belgium. He has written books in Dutch about CFS and depression and had a clinic in Antwerp.

He wrote that he became frustrated with the Belgian universities, that he could not do the research he wanted, that he, as a pioneer in biomedical research, was not taken seriously etc. So he moved to other places. If I'm not mistaken he has a connection with Thailand through his wife.

Great summary, thanks for that. The biomedical research of Morris and Maes is a bit over my head, certainly their recent paper. But I think their main hypothesis is, as you explain, that of "escalating chronic systemic inflammation."

andypants, MyalgicE and Amw66 like this.
  3. MyalgicE

MyalgicE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks Michiel.