1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Label and Me: I’m not tired and lazy, I have ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Feb 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had not realised that this appeared in a commercial 'news' rag rather than as simple blog. I would be highly suspicious that this guy has been set up at least to some extent. Everyone is flattered by being used by media. Somewhere behind this I suspect there is a friend of a friend of you know her or him and also of you know that other one and so on. Maybe a PhD at King's shares a bedsit with a journalist or whatever.

Still, I hope he does get better.

2. inox

inox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome to the forum :)

DokaGirl, rvallee and Andy like this.
  3. kilfinnan

kilfinnan Established Member (Voting Rights)

The Metro gives her name away. Lifted the pics from his blog. Who set up the blog?

If I were blogging about my life would I need or be able to afford to commission Susannah Ireland. I wouldn't, George the professional photographer who I played used to golf with would do it. Probs as a favour.

Maybe she is a friend of a friend. And personally, good luck to him.

Snowdrop, NelliePledge, Amw66 and 2 others like this.
  4. kilfinnan

5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From his blog last week:
    "I’m hoping to get a couple of recovery stories from friends uploaded in the coming weeks – sharing how they returned to full health, so keep a look out for that."

6. unicorn7

unicorn7 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I’ve read the blog. It almost has nothing personal in it, it reads like a advertisment...

I also feel it has a lot of inconsistency, he apparantly walks 32 minutes, but also works and has meetings??

Little Bluestem and MEMarge like this.
  7. kilfinnan

Like an advertisement for his new business!

[​IMG]
    The Lightning Process and a career change!
    by jameswilson20
    It’s been a long time since I’ve written a post and a lot has happened so I’ll summarise the best I can!

At the start of April in 2019, I was feeling very stuck and in a particularly negative state about my recovery and life in general! However, that acted as a catalyst for change and off the back of a couple of personal recommendations, I looked into something called the Lightning Process - a training course that focuses on how the brain and the body interact, or the ‘mind-body connection’.

It’s based on the science of neuroplasticity – that being the brains ability to change, adapt and be re-moulded. In simple language, we all have neuropathways that lead to experiences such as happiness/sadness, energy/fatigue, pain/comfort, anxiety/calm etc. The more you use certain pathways, the stronger they become and the easier they are to trigger, just like muscles. So, if you’ve been working your fatigue or pain pathways really hard for a year or two, it’s no surprise that these become the default.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
    Hutan and TiredSam like this.