1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mum says she's 'cured' of crippling health condition [ME] thanks to dieting secret [organic food]

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by wdb, Jan 6, 2019.

1. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone tell me this is a joke...

Mum says she's 'cured' of crippling health condition thanks to dieting secret

Despite continuing to smoke and drink, she claims she noticed a stunning difference in how she felt - physically and mentally - from the start. She says she's managed to CURE herself of ME - short for Myalgic encephalomyelitis - as a result of her clean, lean eating.

She said: "I'm a life warrior, which seems absolutely ridiculous. "I have worked my way through my health - and now I am just passionate about life. "All my life, I had ME; because of contaminated blood. "But in 2015, I had a miraculous health breakthrough. "The way I can describe it is, I went from 2D to 3D. It was like I had something sat on top of me the whole time. "My body was actually heavy and my head was full of sludge. "I felt that way my whole life. I was trapped in my own body. "I had no memory. The only way I could remember things was through my body, I had no head memory. It's difficult to explain. "There was so much to it. Now, I feel like I have a miracle medicine that's transformed my body and my life."

2. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I still smoke and drink, but i eat organic foods.’

Bahahahaha :laugh:

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"All my life, I had ME; because of contaminated blood."

huh?

"Emma currently works at the shop, in St Edward Gardens, and says it holds a special place in her heart as it get her steady when life really proved tough.

But Emma needs your help to make her dream of becoming a professional health guru a reality.

She desperately needs to claw together £5,000 in start-up costs; the bulk of which would go to wholesalers who provide newspapers, mags, all the things you'd normally see in a local shop."

aaah, that explains it.

Dechi, TiredSam, dangermouse and 17 others like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"I still smoke and drink, but I eat organic food."

"Part of Emma's diet overhaul included an eight-month food 'detox' - which left her shocked by how much toxins she previously consumed".

:rofl:

5. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Too bad we couldn't short sell stocks of her biz. That could fund some ME research.

7. Diluted-biscuit

Diluted-biscuit Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s the mirror so it’s always a joke

8. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I often see ads for all sorts of things that mention someone achieving something (often weight loss, building muscle, getting a flat belly, fixing a health problem, getting rid of wrinkles or age spots) because of "one weird trick" that nobody else knows. This article makes me think of those ads, but just expanded to fill a page.

9. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Organic food isn't affordable if you're poor.

How someone poor can smoke, drink, and have a largely organic diet doesn't seem financially possible. That takes a fair bit of money. And, if someone can afford that lifestyle while supporting children, why do they need to drum up money from others for a business venture? Hmmm...

MeSci, MEMarge, dangermouse and 8 others like this.
  10. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Unless you have a diet of rocks or perhaps metals refined from said rocks, you are eating organic food.

11. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member

Wasn't there someone who suggested alcohol intolerance would be a good diagnostic marker for ME.
    I do think some people do suddenly improve/get better the issue comes when they attribute whatever they happened to be trying at the time to the improvement and then try to sell it to others. I've often suspected that people try new things as they start to feel a bit better.

MEMarge, andypants, lycaena and 12 others like this.
  12. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

There is also the possiblity that someone who was on a junk food diet in addition to smoking and drinking for many years had nutritional deficiencies that have been corrected by the healthier diet. It could have been a case of misdiagnosis.

Sarah94, MeSci, MEMarge and 17 others like this.
  13. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You vampires gotta be careful where you source your blood!

MeSci, MEMarge, andypants and 8 others like this.
  14. Sisyphus

@Adrian
    “Wasn't there someone who suggested alcohol intolerance would be a good diagnostic marker for ME.”

Somewhere I think one or more lists have been compiled with a myriad of somewhat common symptoms.

I think our symptoms are sort of like the results of bad ground in a car is electrical system: dozens of different faults shoeing up at different times, while the common cause is hidden in a dark corner and undetectable unless you put a meter on it and wiggle the bad connection in just the right way.

I did notice a sharp drop in alcohol tolerance after getting sick, and what I can handle now varies according to how ill I am.

MEMarge, andypants, oldtimer and 4 others like this.
  15. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Alcohol intolerance has been suggested as a biomarker, by one, and possibly more than one ME expert. However, as per usual, this doesn't effect all with ME.

MEMarge, andypants, EzzieD and 2 others like this.
  16. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

We are not supposed to eat rocks now? So hard to keep up with current dietary advice. :confused:

Sarah94, MEMarge, DokaGirl and 7 others like this.
  17. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Alcohol intolerance was seen as very common in the days before CFS. It has always struck me as something that has not been considered enough. TV and films are full of people with problems who drink too much to cope, especially with depression and PTSD, yet I have never heard of anyone with ME who drinks to cope with the problems it brings, even if they would not say they were alcohol intolerant.

Basically, alcohol does not make us feel better. I had an aunt with RA who had a whisky every night to help her with the pain and I know people with MS who use it to relax but it is not common in ME.

Just one of those little facts that could give an insight into what is going wrong in our bodies.

MEMarge, DokaGirl, andypants and 6 others like this.
  18. Sisyphus

You just gave me an idea for a new line of health supplements. Pity I don’t have the energy or natural talent for flimflam to pull that off.

MEMarge, DokaGirl, andypants and 5 others like this.
  19. Sisyphus

@Mithriel

Goes beautifully with food though, and a few such concoctions are (or were) delicious on their own.

ladycatlover likes this.
  20. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Established Member (Voting Rights)

Promote a new line of health supplements? With rocks in it?

Oh, come on Sisyphus, if anyone has the talent to push rocks it would surely be you!

Sarah94, ukxmrv, DokaGirl and 6 others like this.