1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monaghan & Shepherd meeting DWP and assessment companies

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by NelliePledge, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Diluted-biscuit

Diluted-biscuit Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s an issue to get a tribunal to listen to any recording unfortunately. It all comes down to the tribunal and what you are claiming the recording proves. The clearer the recording the more useful it is of course, which is an issue with those cassette recorders. The clearer it is the easier it is to get it transcribed as well which is much more useful for tribunal.

Capita, atos, etc will listen to it in full if you need to make a complaint and they can’t resolve it by just interviewing the assessor. As you say merely the act of recording the assessment can change the behaviour of the assessor too.

If you can you should always record your face to face assessments.

2. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They were talking about video taping PIP assessments, which I would not be happy with. This is from November 2018. I don't know what's happening about it now. Must check!

Checked. July 2019 report.

3. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Gosh, just did a bit more poking around and found this. It's a long set of requests and comments, but I thought it was interesting. And I commend Craig Gilding for his hard work to actually get a response that answered his questions! And some of the comments interspersed are of interest too, especially note the last one (1st July 2019).

4. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I remember the whole investigation by the Work&Pensions Committee early 2018.

The Govt hadn’t even implemented the sound suggestions made by the Leader of the Independent Reviews of PIP (Paul Gray) or his colleague (Dr Paul Litchfield) who did the 2013/2014 reviews.

At the time of the Govt response, everyone commented that DWP had completely muddied the waters by coming up with Video recordings, which Nobody had asked for.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/...-2017/pip-esa-assessments-17-19/publications/