1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

#MillionsMissing crashed folk could use some help...

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by JaimeS, May 14, 2018.

1. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hey, everyone, can I ask anyone who still has some energy to help out?

#MEAction is collecting press coverage about #MillionsMissing. Especially the local stuff is important.

It would involve finding link, author, news outlet, country, and putting that into a Google spreadsheet. I just did four and it took me 7 or 8 min.

If you have some energy, please PM me. It would mean a lot. The people who planned the protests are, as you can well imagine, in a deep hole and still digging.

2. JaimeS

Thanks so much to those who have offered so far! <3 <3 <3

3. JaimeS

Another great service would be to post your favorite FEW images from your city protest or country of origin. It's absolutely amazing how much tweeting and retweeting we received!

Andy, Squeezy, Trish and 4 others like this.
  4. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you for everything you do @JaimeS! Sorry, stupid question, where should we post them, on our official MillionsMissing social media channels (or here)? Should we tag the #MEAction Network or alert them somehow?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Invisible Woman, Andy, Wonko and 4 others like this.
  5. JaimeS

Good question! I was initially putting the giant email together highlighting the protests from all around the world and wanted people to post them here so I could use them. However, if you want to put them up so that everyone can see them, there are a few ways:

1) Post them to Twitter tagged #MillionsMissing and/or #CanyouseeMEnow -- it can be your 'official' twitter, but those tags are what people are using to find images.
    2) If you were a coordinator, you should have received that link to smugmug that allows ppl to upload photos by protest region, and then by city. Bless you if you do; combing through twitter hunting them down is tough. If you run into issues with smugmug feel free to PM me and I am happy to help out.

Smugmug also allows you to attribute photographs to the photographer or make additional commentary, like "Dr. So-and-so's speech" as a comment.

Joh, Invisible Woman, Trish and 2 others like this.