Miguel Bautista’s CFS Recovery ‘recovery jumpstart’

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic theories and treatments discussions' started by Dolphin, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

An extract from an email from someone who wanted this program highlighted more (but not in a way to promote it):

HIs name is Miguel Bautista. His program is called ‘recovery jumpstart’ and is a form of brain retraining which suggests that there is nothing physically wrong in the bodies of ME/CFS patients but that the issue is purely a ‘hypersensitive nervous system’. He charges 6500 USD to access his program for only one year (and 297USD per month thereafter). In a recent interview with someone else, he admitted that his number one aim for this year is to hit a million dollars

A few links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKRfV9WJbJk

- an example of Miguel on his YouTube channel

2, A shortened version of the clip in which he reveal his millionaire ambitions:

3. Two reviews by program participants setting out to expose him

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    EndME, DokaGirl and Hutan like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

3. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow. :eek:

It sounds as if the creator of this program has been taking lessons from the man who runs LP programs.

rvallee, bobbler, Lou B Lou and 7 others like this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Snake oil university

bobbler, Lou B Lou, Trish and 6 others like this.
  5. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

It's really amateurish BPS. He chose a distracting background with people walking past, so each stop and start when he fluffs his lines are super obvious.

You aren't having a crash, you are having 'an adjustment period'.
    Never mind that you aren't seeing progress in objective measures of recovery, it's your mindset that matters.

Don't worry that one week you can do 5 walks, but the next week you can only do two, or the five walks are really hard. So long as your mindset is right, all will be well.

It's a recipe for running people into long term deterioration.

Lou B Lou, Trish, EzzieD and 6 others like this.
  6. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting that they use the exact same words and framing as the I Can Thrive program (as told by Niklas Malmquist)...

Lou B Lou, Trish, EndME and 3 others like this.
  7. Hutan

Bautista says he is from CFS Recovery.

Niklas Malmquist quotes CFS Recovery: (from @mango's link)
    I don't know if Bautista alone is CFS Recovery, or if CFS Recovery is a bigger organisation.

RedFox, Trish, EndME and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Grifters gonna grift.

RedFox, bobbler, Charles B. and 6 others like this.
  9. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For anyone who, like myself, is unable to see the two embedded Reddit links above, I searched and found the thread, see if this works: www.reddit.com/r/cfs/comments/15i34mh/my_personal_experience_with_cfs_recovery/
    (My bold.) That would explain the many glowing comments on the above video if you click through to YouTube. So a cynical money-grabbing charlatan preying upon the already minimal finances of desperate people too sick to work, then.
    It breaks my heart that, as with the Lightning Process and other cons, many people will be scared and wanting to BELIEVE that this may be their big hope, so they will hand over what little money they have and potentially make their condition worse by following his 'advice' - just so that this vulture can make his million out of their suffering. It's so despicable that there are no words. :sick::ill::broken_heart:.

RedFox, Sean, Lou B Lou and 2 others like this.
  10. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There are several varieties out there that come up regularly on searches. I don't think they are connected but rather individuals cashing in on exploiting sick people.
    eg
    http://cfsrecoveryproject.com/
    note disclaimer

Hutan, RedFox, Sean and 2 others like this.
  11. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

LOL! That's really the only purpose it has...

Hutan, RedFox, Amw66 and 4 others like this.
  12. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What is it with some Americans? I once convinced one that western Ireland has an extra day of the week.

Amw66, Lou B Lou, mango and 3 others like this.
  13. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He was a guest on some grifter YouTube channel or podcast recently, where he's saying he wants to 'make a million'.

bobbler, Sean, Hutan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Lou B Lou and Trish like this.
  15. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It truly is the old shamanism. It's something super simple, as simple as a dance, but you have to know the exact right way to do it, and only a trained master can show it to you. For a price. But all it takes to become a trained master is a week-end course. Or something like that.

Arnie Pye, Hoopoe, Hutan and 2 others like this.
  16. Hutan

That's Toby Morrison, based in Australia. I and others have written about him, if not here then previously, on PR. He charges people huge sums for his advice.

Seems he had chronic fatigue as a teenager, and recovered as most people do, so of course believes that he knows how to fix people.

RedFox, Arnie Pye and Trish like this.