1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Metro UK: “You Don’t Look Sick” Weekly Series

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by leokitten, Apr 7, 2019.

1. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Diluted-biscuit

Diluted-biscuit Senior Member (Voting Rights)

given this is the metro it could be a good or a bad thing.....

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A reasonable piece - well done if you're a member here :hug:

People keep telling me I don't look ill either, it's happened once this year already. I don't meet or talk to a lot of people lol.

That said, it doesn't make any difference to my circumstances if people think I look ill, or not. The number of ATOS reports where a doctor writes that I look ill is, well, all of them. and it's never made a difference.

I do have one observation - 3 days for wearing pajamas is considered a long time between washes?

Wow - I thought I was doing well managing to push changing them down to every week or so (obviously unless I spill something lumpy on them)

Nobody ever tells anyone these things, I just wash them when they bug me, or when other washing needs to be done if there is space.

Annamaria, vsou, leokitten and 9 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Moderator note. Several posts have been deleted as way off topic and as responses to a post that the poster (me) deleted.

JaneL, Hutan, Cheshire and 1 other person like this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not at all! :whistle:

ladycatlover and Wonko like this.
  7. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I've just got around to reading the whole article. I think it's excellent. Well done to Jenny McGibbon for being willing to talk about her experiences so clearly. And it's really good to see a clear description of ME with PEM properly described at the top of the list of symptoms. Good to see the MEA referenced too - I assume they provided the symptom description.

8. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another one:
    ‘Having M.E. is like you’ve ran a marathon with the flu and were beaten up afterwards’

From the article:

ladycatlover, Annamaria, Andy and 8 others like this.
  9. Squeezy

Squeezy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

These are great quotes @Lisa108 I took a screen shot to send to my irritatating relatives and ignorant friends. No one wants to read a website or watch Unrest. And they've still no bloody clue, after 12 years. This is so succinct.

Her blog looks really good too. Helpful.
    mummyingandme.com

ladycatlover, Annamaria, Andy and 3 others like this.
  10. Squeezy

Squeezy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just twigged that it's the free paper you can pick up when getting the London Underground, the Manchester Metro (tram), and probably public transport in cities I've not been to. :jawdrop:

How brilliant to do a series to high-light that sometimes the healthy looking people taking, and remaining in, the seats designated for elderly, pregnant and disabled people on public transport aren't the rude and selfish bleeps you think. :thumbsup:

But it should be in a weekday issue! :banghead: Commuter days, to reach a bigger audience. :(

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  11. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Rather critical error in early paragraph:

"PoTS is caused by an abnormal response to the autonomic nervous system, which means blood is not pulled downwards when you sit or stand up and there is a drop in blood supply to the heart and the brain."

Otherwise not bad for the press.

Esther12 and Trish like this.