1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Members of Congress are coming together in a single voice to stand for ME/CFS. Will your Representative join them?

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Emily Taylor, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[​IMG]

This week, SMCI staff and Board of Directors traveled to Washington DC and got results!

Congresswomen Ana Eshoo and Zoe Lofgren are leading other members of congress in a letter and appropriations request for ME/CFS. Read the full letter and committee report language here. In brief, the proposed effort:

(1) Supports continuation of the $5.4 million ME/CFS funding for the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC),

(2) Encourages CDC to resolve ME/CFS case definition issues and expand its efforts to educate health care providers,

(3) Recommends that NIH create a strategic plan for ME/CFS research and increase the amount and types of funding,

(4) Urges the Department of Health and Human Services to devise a multi-year strategic plan. The sign-on letter states that the increases in NIH’s budget affords NIH the opportunity and ability to increase funding to better reflect the ME/CFS disease burden.

This action is a joint effort between #MEAction and the Solve ME/CFS Initiative.

Use our easy form to send a message to your member of congress and ask them to join the effort today – *deadline is March 14*!

ahimsa, Yessica, Valentijn and 11 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks.

3. MErmaid

MErmaid Guest

Done! :)

Andy likes this.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Should it not be increase the funding or at the very least maintain the old level?

Skycloud likes this.