1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

MEAction: NEUROCOGNITIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE IS BACK IN BUSINESS, ASSESSING PEOPLE WITH ME!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.meaction.net/2019/12/05...is-back-in-business-assessing-people-with-me/

In my opinion, it reads like an advert.

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

3. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The NeuroCognitive Research Institute (NCRI) seems to be a research npo founded and run by the Zinn's who have authored several papers on brain-wave function in me/cfs. I don't think they are selling anything, maybe fundraising though. I admit it does read like an advert.

4. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

LORETA software is used in quantitative EEG, which is confirmed in the article. It shows major abnormalities in ME according to the limited research done so far. Its very early days but it does need further study in my opinion. I am guessing this happened in this case. In combination with repeat CPET it should be able to show both major physical impairment and major cognitive impairment. With the right tests in the future, ME patients should be winning their court battles, every time. After a whole lot do that the insurance industry may decide to change course, but will still make things difficult initially.

Jan, Amw66, DokaGirl and 8 others like this.
  5. hinterland

hinterland Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Atlantic: A Map That Shows You Everything Wrong With Your Brain. Technology that compares your brain’s electrical activity to everyone else’s could revolutionize mental-health treatments—or worsen people’s obsessions with perfection.

Just posting this for a bit of background information, not meant to sound quite as sceptical as this excerpt probably does in isolation, even if it is a ‘buyer beware’ marketplace. Also, qEEG is not just for ‘mental health’ conditions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  6. hinterland

hinterland Senior Member (Voting Rights)

For those that don’t know, Myra Preston, whose company is called Siber Imaging, was exploring the value of qEEG in CFIDS (ME/CFS) patients, back in the 90s. She was able to discriminate between patients and controls with, what I believe to be, a high degree of accuracy.

https://www.siberimaging.com/help-for-cfidsfibromyalgia-1

DokaGirl, ME/CFS Skeptic and Andy like this.
  7. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, I found that article from the DePaul magazine interesting, but probably not for the right reason. I had not previously heard of anyone else starting with the same illness as me in 1980, in England, and here is someone from Wisconsin who did. She couldn't walk up a hill before the illness became apparent. I fell off a climb - though I did feel slightly better about that when I discovered that it had been regraded to Hard VS.

9. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

NeuroCognitive Research Institute

On their website:

Measuring Post Exertional Malaise
    https://www.thencri.org/measuring-post-exertional-malaise/

shak8 likes this.