1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME is not a functional disorder: ME Association 13,000+ petition sent to NICE

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sasha, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Tilly

Tilly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No they are working their way back and I was upset to see ME Association give them a hand this young girl also has CFS upload_2019-6-24_11-16-36.png

chrisb and ladycatlover like this.
  2. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Agree. The article states, and the young lady is reported as saying that she has "chronic fatigue" - not "chronic fatigue syndrome."

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    rvallee likes this.
  3. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Tilly

Tilly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The problem is most if not all Dr cannot tell the difference and this group are now taking ME/CFS off children who have been diagnosed by the best in the field and re diagnosing FND with Chronic Fatigue and therefor pushing children with ME into CBT and GET and mothers of Fabricating or Inducing Illness as a result. So it would seem we are back to square one.

What code was FND given and functional to a doctor means feelings and beliefs are the problem.

The other thing to note is that they are not looking for cause either it is all down to how our bodies cope with stress again this will put a stop to research and discovery. We should have learnt out lesson but we seem just to go in endless circles with children paying the price.

sea, rvallee, Ellie_Finesse and 7 others like this.