1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME Awareness Conference with Dr Amolak Bansal - Saturday 12 May 2018 2pm

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

mentioned by @Binkie4 on another thread
    "
    reMEmber

upload_2018-4-27_12-44-12.jpeg

Saturday 12 May 2pm – ME Awareness Conference. Dr Amolak Bansal clinical lead of the Surrey CFS/ME Service, will be talking about the mitochondrial research of Professor Julia Newton at Newcastle University.

Dr Charles Shepherd Medical Director of the National ME Association will also be speaking.

Doctors and other healthcare professionals are particularly welcome. We need your ideas to take to NICE on 25th May.

The Venue is: The Sheldrake Suite, The Martlets Hall, Civic Way, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9NN. Entry is by ticket (£5) which includes refreshments. Tickets are available online with Eventbrite.

Alternatively you can apply to reMEmber for tickets and send a stamped addressed envelope with your cheque made payable to reMEmber."

note: on evenbrite page it says the tickets are £5.83
    shame they picked 12th May for this as obviously will clash with #MM

Andy, Trish, janice and 9 others like this.
  2. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Threads merged

ReMEmber has its annual conference in Burgess Hill on the above date (12th May), unfortunately coinciding with #millions missing.
    Speakers are Dr Bansal who will talk about Julia Newton's research, and Dr Shepherd.

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...-is-open-to-the-general-public-27-april-2018/ ( note: the date on this line is not the date of the conference)

I went 2 years ago and it was very well attended.

ETA: apologies for the duplication.@Sly Saint had already posted.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Any info coming out of this event?