1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME Association Statement re: NICE ME/CFS Guideline Review and Committee Appointments | 09 November 2018

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.meassociation.org.uk/20...-and-committee-appointments-09-november-2018/

ME Association Statement re: NICE ME/CFS Guideline Review and Committee Appointments | 09 November 2018

Dr Charles Shepherd, Hon. Medical Adviser, ME Association.

The ME Association has always been very clear on the position we take on the current (2007) NICE clinical guideline.

We believe that many of the key recommendations are unfit for purpose – especially those regarding the use of CBT and GET for everyone with mild or moderate ME/CFS.

We have played a key role in persuading NICE that a new guideline is required. The new guideline must recognise that ME/CFS is a serious multisystem disease and not a psychological illness.

We are also actively involved as a stakeholder in all the work that has been taking place this year in planning the scope of the new NICE guideline...

Dolphin likes this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member