1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME Action petition to Walter Koroshetz

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Sunshine3, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Signed but signatures still low at about 4346 .

What is the reason it is attracting so few signatures?

Joh, ChloeC, petrichor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ChloeC, petrichor and ahimsa like this.
  3. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We're still not very organized. It will take time to get people to bother, that it's worth it. Adding to the even more who don't even know what disease they have and are barely surviving. Especially as the usual means for petitions like this is Facebook and there is too much stigma to dare sharing something critically important that will be ignored with eye rolls.

Our "very powerful lobby" is... uh... not powerful at all.

Sly Saint, Joh, Cinders66 and 5 others like this.
  5. Wilhelmina Jenkins

Wilhelmina Jenkins Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would add to @rvallee’s reasons advocacy fatigue. Many people who have been ill for a long time have signed a lot of petitions to no avail. The encouraging thing about this petition is that it’s just the first step in what is expected to be a long campaign. I am hoping that enthusiasm will grow.

Sunshine3, rvallee, ahimsa and 2 others like this.
  6. ChloeC

ChloeC Established Member

Gah, forgot to post this earlier, sorry! Call starts in 1 hour!

If you haven't heard, #MEAction is having a "closed-door" community call at 3p ET / 12p PT TODAY (Tues 11/12) about how to participate in the next step of the #NotEnough4ME campaign. For it to be effective, we need as many #pwME and allies as possible to join in.

Who's able to help with this? I truly believe that the escalating collective action campaign we're planning is the best way to make massive change happen quickly. So please join our effort if you can! upload_2019-11-12_14-5-34.gif

Anyone who sees this message in time can sign up via the form below. (No worries if the timing doesn't work-- we'll make a recording of the meeting available to people who pre-registered.) If you see this message after the meeting or would prefer written instructions, just email "I'm in" to ben@meaction.net (or let me know). Thanks to those of you who have already signed up-- looking forward to bringing the fight to the NIH together!

[https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...jj5SaySw-ZzYSNHi-ZcBjE7S5LPudNtPvrWf1BA8vQck)

ahimsa likes this.
  7. ChloeC

ChloeC Established Member

Correction: You can continue to sign up using the registration form link in the previous post! Even though the meeting already happened, if you'd like to participate in our first action or learn more about the campaign, just fill out the form and we'll send you the video of the call and written instructions on how to participate. :)

rvallee, ahimsa and Trish like this.