1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Landmark national trial to examine how exercise affects your body — down to your molecules

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by rvallee, Nov 9, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Although this shows how, yet again, the NIH misses every opportunity to show its commitments to us, it could still provide useful clues and a good comparison base for exercise studies. In particular it will focus on deconditioned participants and compare them to highly active individuals. This should put to rest the nonsense about deconditioning and how deconditioned people actually respond to exercise. Not that I expect that trope to be abandoned but still.

It also shows the money is there if the will is there, in the form of the NIH common fund.

I wonder if there would be a way for some ME researchers focused specifically on exercise as a trigger to get involved. The NIH did not think of us here where they should obviously have but maybe it's not too late to leverage it.
    https://www.uab.edu/news/research/i...cise-affects-your-body-down-to-your-molecules

Sly Saint, MEMarge, Ravn and 10 others like this.