1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kate Kelland follows you on Twitter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Estherbot, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Estherbot

Estherbot Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You may be interested to know that Kate Kelland, the journalist behind the Reuters Michael Sharpe story, follows a large number of S4ME members on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kkelland/following

We know about @Paul Watton & @dave30th. The list also includes as @Spoonseeker & Simon McGrath.

The list probably has been partly compiled by Michael Sharpe himself. I guess they are hoping someone will say something daft or inappropriate.

2. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

DokaGirl and Andy like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Hmmm, some people might call that stalking...

Lidia, Daisymay, DokaGirl and 4 others like this.
  4. obeat

obeat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Her Twitter profile says she likes " learning new things". No evidence of that!!!

wdb, DokaGirl, Trish and 4 others like this.
  5. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't understand Twitter. Is not the person being followed automatically informed at the outset? Shouldn't everyone be aware of the fact that they are being followed?

DokaGirl, Nellie, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  6. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Assuming she’s a reader here too then.

Dear Kate. Am I bovverred.

TiredSam, Lidia, DokaGirl and 3 others like this.
  7. Estherbot

You are informed but you may not notice if you have a large number of notifications at one time.

Tina Rodwell just noticed today.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1107609088307970048

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Look on the bright side . If she roundsup and follows everyone discussing ME and everyone discussing glyphosate, she won't have much time for writing.

rel8ted, DokaGirl and Estherbot like this.
  9. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looking for soundbites (tweets to be more accurate) to use against us?
    Perhaps its time to tweet Trial by Error articles?
    And perhaps CDC and other scientific webinars?

On the more contemplative side are we really that important to her career to constantly follow?
    Or is it to build material for the next article?

Possible angles
    Patients can tweet while claiming to be sick?
    Patients disagree with "scientist" who publishes trials where people are "cured" before they begin treatment?
    Patients won't stop talking about or to particular scientist they disagree with?
    UK government is wrong when they condemn unscientific research?

I think my signature is extra correct today, all spirits are enslaved that serve things evil.

NelliePledge, DokaGirl and Inara like this.
  10. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

uurrr, I just 'liked' a few tweets and now she's following me! :unsure:

11. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looking on the bright side. She might actually read what people say and learn something.

12. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So she has no excuse whatsoever to be confused or misinformed about the fact that Sharpe and Wessely's allegations are largely fabrications, or at the very least gross exaggerations.

Wow. That's bad. Not particularly surprising but... damn. Deliberately putting out disinformation knowing it will lead to angry mobs screaming at us and further degradation of already deplorable medical care. That's going to look so ghoulish and corrupt in hindsight. I don't understand how they don't get that it will massively backfire. You can't just maintain such a big lie like this forever.

Chezboo, DokaGirl, EzzieD and 4 others like this.
  13. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

She may encounter some technical issues with following me on twitter, or facebook, or any other social media.
    :nailbiting:

14. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its highly likely that ship has sailed. There is no shortage of real material from all the sources she has quoted, David Tuller's articles are all factual and thoroughly referenced, the CDC and other sources she names are reputable yet she looks down on them, there is no shortage of material from MEPedia to Youtube that has loads of factual information thats easily cross checked (for MEPedia the references are provided) and the clips available from OMF and a whole host of other sources explain their scientific findings and methodologies and even have Nobel prize winners as employees. The only reason she can claim ignorance is by purposely avoiding information she does not like (confirmation bias, ironically a verifiable psychology concept). Now its highly likely she believes her own words and what was provided to her but if she were truly open minded she would figure out the truth by reading everything from the lack of evidence for the harassment (including them losing the harassment argument in court where they had to provide evidence of it), from analyzing the real science from all the sources beyond those i named. Not to mention Simon Wessely's own goal by attempting to get his lawyer friend Mike Godwin to turn on us and failing spectacularly.

So this is intentional. Now if she wants to leave her bubble that would be great.
    Kate, if your reading this and are interested in learning the truth of whats going on please research everything i just mentioned and even join the forum and ask for more references, we can provide them in spades

Sean, Peter Trewhitt, rvallee and 5 others like this.
  15. Estherbot

Not even skeletons in the cupboard on Instagram?

Wonko likes this.
  16. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What's an instagram? o_O:D

17. Estherbot

@NelliePledge needs a Twitter presence.

ladycatlover and Amw66 like this.
  18. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I suspect now she's written her article she'll unfollow most of the ME people. She doesn't want to learn about ME, she was just trawling for tweets to quote.

Chezboo, Sean, Peter Trewhitt and 5 others like this.
  19. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I feel left out. It's just like when I was always one of the last to be picked for a side in netball lessons :(

But for the fact I'm not a tweeter.

20. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Do people get notified when they are unfollowed?

Edit : I'm just curious - I don't have a Twitter account but I do read some Tweeters.

Sisyphus, Barry and ladycatlover like this.