1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ivabradine for the Treatment of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: A Systematic Review, 2018, Gee et al

Discussion in 'Orthostatic intolerance treatments' started by Andy, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Paywalled at https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40256-017-0252-1

MEMarge, ahimsa, brf and 5 others like this.
  2. MerryB

MerryB Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ivabradine helps me very noticeably - it restores much of my cognitive function. I think it helps to get the blood circulating to my brain better. I take 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night.

It's the one thingt has made the most difference in my 10 years of living with ME.

ahimsa, Sarah94, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  3. I've been taking a small dose of ivabradine (2.5 mg bid) for the last couple of years for postural tachycardia. I found it to be better for that purpose than even the B[1]-selective beta-blockers, which of course dropped my BP along with my HR, worsening overall orthostatic intolerance; as an I[f] channel blocker, ivabradine's much more of a `pure' heart-rate lowering agent.

Other than helping to control the postural tachycardia, though, it has absolutely no effect on any of my core ME symptoms.

MerryB, andypants, ahimsa and 2 others like this.