1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth my effort to try to get changes (and guidelines that are needed made) of government guidelines for COVID?

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Yessica, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Yessica

Yessica Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So much I want to write yet can't now.

Living in a dangerous situation, guidelines for COVID that exist are making it worst and there are guidelines regarding Single Room Occupancy (SRO) buildings and various other kinds of shared housing that need to exist.

I finally found something, it's the CDC's regarding shared housing and they just changed it and it's worst!

So frustrated with guidelines and government medical sites as we all have been for years with ME/CFS's. There are so many problems with them that cause so much harm.

My situation and ability is so rough right now, not sure if I'll have the energy, if I can find a way will it make a difference at all for me to write anyone in government regarding specifics to the COVID guidelines?

Your thoughts, experience, tips? Thank you! And big thank you and always great appreciation to everyone that has been working on this front for years (and for some and all, unfortunately decades).

ahimsa, alktipping, Ebb Tide and 4 others like this.
  2. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dear @Yessica, I can't help you I'm sorry. But just wanted to stop by and give you some Positive Vibes and some hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug: So very sorry you're having such a difficult time.

ahimsa, sebaaa, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry you are in such a difficult situation. It's clear you don't have the strength to fight this battle on your own. How about writing to one of the advocacy organisations that is experienced in government lobbying, like SOLVE or MEAction and ask them to try to get something done.