1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Implementing guided ICBT for chronic pain and fatigue: A qualitative evaluation among therapists and managers, 2019, Knoop et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free full text: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214782919300910

Philipp, Sean, rvallee and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

''... availability of reimbursement options and marketing strategies''

So that's what it's about.

Philipp, Sean, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But I keep hearing how it's a subjective illness experience so how can people who don't experience the thing provide any insight? Might as well ask chefs to rate what they think their clients rate their food for all that this is relevant.
    No, it can't. That's aspirational, not a statement of fact and it doesn't even make sense. Ironically, this garbage IS the main barrier to any form evidence-based care.
    There you have it, patients are not stakeholders. Neither are caregivers who have the best second-hand experience, very different from the tiny slice snapshot perception therapists, clinicians and researchers have. Rarely admitted. Ironically, I have no idea what stakes therapists and managers might have beyond current employment. So it's basically asking them whether their employment is justified, that is the only stake they have. Which is both biased and conflicted.

BPS in a nutshell: asking from "all" stakeholders, doesn't ask patients. Brilliant. Next stop: clinical trials where they only ask the maker of the drug whether they feel it works. There, all stakeholders involved. So "holistic" and thinking about the patient as a person, by literally not considering them stakeholders. Which is a change from asking and then discarding what they don't like. Not asking at all is some kind of innovation, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Philipp, alktipping and Amw66 like this.
  4. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

online therapy why bother paying therapist when you can point your mus patients to all the bs books and papers there fore saving the nhs and other healthcare bodies significant sums of money . also after the benefits agencies around the world have impoverished all of us undeserving sick and disabled how are we going to get online to receive these words of wisdom from the delusional cretins/authors of this bullshit.