1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Implementation of stepped care for patients with CFS in community-based mental health care:..., 2019, Knoop et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Paywalled at https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...erm-followup/842DB10C681E7D7A8725BE0DB8848B07

Hutan, rvallee, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

http://sci-hub.tw/https://www.cambr...rm-followup/842DB10C681E7D7A8725BE0DB8848B07#

so again, it's the place, the inexperienced CBT therapists, the type of CBT etc etc

shak8, Hutan, rvallee and 5 others like this.
  3. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Given that they talk only of fatigue what criteria was used? Just what we want psychiatric nurses to challenge our beliefs and behaviour.

Hutan, rvallee, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Fukuda. "Severely fatigued", "with at least another four symptoms".

Hutan, MEMarge, andypants and 2 others like this.
  5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

An uncontrolled study...

Stopped reading there. :grumpy:

shak8, Hutan, rvallee and 6 others like this.
  6. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Their results seem almost demure by comparison to previous studies. And they actually fill in the CoI statement.

I wonder if because we have had success in changing the narrative that some of the people responsible for delivering the product to the clients haven't perhaps been emboldened to complain about their stress in delivering something that doesn't seem to work based on feedback (regardless of what gets officially recorded).

So now it's not the intransigent sick person at fault but a need for better staff education. This will add to cost of delivery then.

I think progress is being made.

We're not done yet of course. If I could I'd see that anyone with MUS is not shuttled off to a course of CBT and then abandoned. Who knows how long it will take neurology and endocrinology areas of study to catch up with adequate knowledge to do justice to much of the MUS people.

Apologies. I'm aware my posts often meander around the topic at hand.

andypants, shak8 and rvallee like this.
  7. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Stepped, uh? Because graded was getting old?

Let's consult the thesaurus and play BS bingo for what's coming next:
    Stepped is a bit of a stretch, semantically speaking, and not linked in thesaurus so maybe next iterations will make more creative use of language. Maybe a word cloud from goop.com would provide a better source?

NelliePledge and shak8 like this.
  8. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Phil Parker's magical hands, perhaps?

He knows when you're sick
    He knows when you're lying
    He knows you better than you know yourself
    He's Phil, the magical healing hands man

(I know this isn't LP but clearly adequate selection criteria are an afterthought to this bunch so I'm taking creative liberties to make this sad joke work)

NelliePledge likes this.
  9. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very confusing article. Hard to know what we are actually looking at. It seems like a simple follow up of the Tummers et al. 2012 paper.
    By stepped care they mean patients first get the shortened self-help version of CBT and only if that doesn't work, do patients gut the full, face to face version of CBT. It is supposed to lower the costs.

shak8, Sean, Hutan and 2 others like this.