1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with Unexpected stresses

Discussion in 'Relationships and coping' started by Hell..hath..no..fury..., Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My rest won’t begin until he goes back to his own home :ill:

2. Hell..hath..no..fury...

In the course of 4 days they’ve done absolutely sod all. Everything they did there, i could have done with all of my heart equipment etc. He’s had 4 paracetamol in 4 days. He’s leaving exactly as ill as he went in :banghead:

Think he’s starting the Beta Blockers tomorrow. Don’t have the guts to tell him they might make him feel even more crap o_O

Lisa108, andypants, MEMarge and 6 others like this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What are they called - do you know? I'm on Nebivolol, a beta-blocker, for my high blood pressure which appears to be related to my ME. There are several types of beta-blocker. Nebivolol has no obvious negative effects on me.

Lisa108, andypants, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  4. Hell..hath..no..fury...

He’s on Bisopolol @MeSci which i think is also given with high blood pressure. Which is odd as he has low blood pressure.

I’m sure i’ve already tried this exact drug in the past, the name is very familiar.

5. Daisybell

Daisybell Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Hell..hath..no..fury...

I take bisoprolol for high blood pressure and a heart condition. I also have tachycardia and it is really good for that. I feel calmer when my heart rate is lower.
    I did actually try to stop recently and change to a different bp medication but I really couldn’t manage the tachycardia so changed back.

I hope your partner improves soon and that you don’t crash too hard.

7. Sbag

Sbag Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i do this. Also if you get the noise cancelling ones they are a better fit and filter out a lot of noise that would otherwise take up energy.
    Wear sunglasses as well then people are less likely to talk to you.

8. Squeezy

Squeezy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh no, oh NO! @Hell..hath..no..fury...  He's coming to stay with you? To be looked after by you? Whyyyyyy? He should go home to his Mum!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

9. Squeezy

Statins are the very devil. They do more harm than good. If I had half a brain I'd post some studies. It DEFINITELY affects the muscles, so DEFINITELY affects the heart!

Clever @Hell..hath..no..fury... you're spot on, and the idiot ego-mad doctors are WRONG, and making him more ill. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

10. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's quite a lot on Bisoprolol on Phoenix Rising, for example here:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/vo2max-exercise-test.18431/page-2#

Some people cope with it OK; others don't. Like everything, it probably varies with gender, illness, etc., etc.

11. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Unfortunately i’m the only person who can keep an eye on him, his parents are dead which only leaves a bi-polar sister who lives in this area and she’s not very soothing to a dicky heart, only time she gets in contact is to ask for money. He didnt even tell her he was in hospital lol

12. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

13. Squeezy

:facepalm::muted::speechless:

I'm really sorry. I don't know why I thought he had a mother around - must have been wishful thinking.

When you desperately need solitude and silence to cope with your own appalling illness, having to look after an ill man is horrendous.

I've done it. I'm doing it! I loathe it. :bag:

14. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Lol you’re expert at it @Squeezy ;) Doesn’t make it any easier for you though, you deserve a medal.

Thank you @Invisible Woman :) i’ll grab one of those right about now if that’s okay :banghead: :ill:

15. Daisybell

Daisybell Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:hug::hug::hug: - a few more to keep you going....

16. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Thank you @Daisybell :hug:

I’m keeping him for one more day to see if the beta blockers kick in and then sending him home. He just spoke to work and they seem to be happy for him to have a month off... he’s over the moon... i’m thinking ‘oh hell no!’ Home time for you lol.

17. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

18. Hell..hath..no..fury...

19. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Got it! Hope you get some proper rest soon :) try to avoid distraction activity!

On that note, I should probably take my own advice and stop pretending to be well just because I have plumbers here today... :rolleyes: Why is that so hard to do?!

20. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Lol i have no idea what forces us to behave so idiotically, think we’d have learnt by now :banghead: good luck @andypants