Help writing an email template to send the NIHR (coinciding with local billboards)?

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Aaron, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Aaron

Aaron New Member

Hello guys, I'm part of the UK billboard campaign with Not Recovered.

Our next billboards go live on May 6th with both of them situated in (fairly!) close proximity to NIHR buildings - one in Bradford (0.7 miles) and one in Leicester (1.7 miles).

A Tweet with the photos and exact locations -

https://twitter.com/user/status/1778432360289128818

We're hoping to get some sort of hashtag trending and will be encouraging the community to also tag the NIHR Twitter accounts in their posts, but would also like to have some sort of email template ready for anyone to copy and paste and send of their own accord too. Maybe something with a specific demand or request? We've asked on Twitter if we could get a hand and unfortunately we haven't had any volunteers and we don't feel comfortable approaching anyone and putting them on the spot, nor do we feel particularly confident writing something ourselves, but I had a recommendation to post here and see if I could maybe connect with some members who've got experience dealing with the NIHR or writing similar calls to action.

Also just while I'm here if there are any general thoughts or feedback on the billboard campaign or website (www.notrecovereduk.org) please let me know. I will admit the website really isn't great unfortunately as it's only 2 of us and we're brand new to all of this stuff but if there's anything specific we can add or if there's anything there that should be removed please let us know.

Cheers!

Peter Trewhitt, Mij, rvallee and 14 others like this.
  2. JellyBabyKid

JellyBabyKid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hi @Aaron
    Love the idea of these billboards!

I might be able to help you with a template email.

Feel free to message me directly and we can talk about what you are looking for.

3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ditto! I love seeing them pop up all over the world. I gave a bit not long ago and will add some more soon. This is a necessary campaign, since authorities are working hard to suppress it awareness instead.

Peter Trewhitt and Comet like this.