1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed: Send messages to Hungarian pwME for my ME Awareness Day project

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Wyva, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I understand. To be honest, when I feel better then I am very concise and to the point. Then when I'm getting worse I start to find it difficult to focus my thoughts in that same way and start to get meandering and explain everything in a much longer text. I'm trying too hard to get my thoughts across and overcompensating I guess because the ability to express myself so concisely is gone. I'm less sharp. So in my case at least a long text means I'm getting worse. However, when I'm feeling really bad then I just don't write at all.

So I can relate when you say it was difficult to be clear and simple.

MEMarge, Florence, Sarah and 5 others like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Can relate @Peter Trewhitt it took me a long time multiple rewrites. Harder ti be succinct

MEMarge, Florence, Sarah and 2 others like this.
  3. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry @Wyva, only just saw this.

Hello to people with ME in Hungary from a friend in New Zealand. A few years ago, before I became sick, I stayed in Budapest and thought the city, countryside and people were beautiful. I think the understanding of ME will increase because of the large numbers now with long COVID. I look forward with optimism to treatments and hope I will visit you again soon.

Kia kaha (stay strong).

4. Sarah

Sarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you already have enough messages please don't worry if you don't include the following. It is indeed tricky to be succinct so it is also fine to edit it down when translating. I hope the article is well received. Thanks, @Wyva.

ME/CFS can be a very isolating illness due to the nature of its symptoms and the disbelief and lack of understanding that people with ME/CFS may experience from doctors, employers, teachers and even family and friends. However isolated you may feel, you aren't alone. People with ME/CFS experiencing similar debility and hardship the world over are united by the depth of understanding for one another that living with the condition brings. Thanks in large part to high quality advocacy by people with ME/CFS and allies, the situation is gradually changing for the better. Take heart.
    Sarah, person with ME/CFS, UK.

MEMarge, Hutan, NelliePledge and 4 others like this.