1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

FraudListing.com: a project to keep track of quack treatments for ME

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by rvallee, May 4, 2021.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's been noticed a few times on Twitter, though still under construction. A Reddit user has created a website to keep track of fraudulent treatments being marketed for ME and Long Covid. It spans the whole, from the usual quackery, like LP and Gupta, to official quackery, like CBT/GET.

Reddit thread from the creator. They ask for feedback, ideas, maybe if people want to pitch in.

The website: https://fraudlisting.com/.

2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Will the authors of fraudlisting.com be reading this thread? If they aren't then any suggestions for sites they need to list will need to be sent to them.

bobbler, Andy, Mij and 5 others like this.
  5. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Doubtful, but I noticed they are on Twitter too: https://twitter.com/FraudListing.

6. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tweets from FraudListing:

Today we got this mail: “My daughter showed me your page about Lightning Process today and we both cried. She was 14 when she tried the Lightning Process. She got ME/CFS from mono. We were desperate. She cried and said “But it doesn’t feel right” when we drove home. 1/3

The whole thing felt so off and the Norwegian woman who ran the course came off as a robot. Difficult to explain. Just too mechanic/insisting... the course was weird. Felt like religious brainwash. I wanted to just take my girl and ran away. But yes, we were desperate

and this woman kept saying that she cures hundreds of ME-patients. How stupid was I.. it’s so obvious. When I look at these LP-practitioners they are all the same. Frauds, as stated in this site.. thank you all for this site. ME needs attention!” #MECFS (Shared with permission)

bobbler, Kirsten, Wyva and 13 others like this.
  7. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Moderator note:
    This thread is about the fraud listing website linked in the first post.
    Please don't post examples of quack treatments for ME/CFS here. If you want to post about a quack or a quack therapy, please do so on an existing thread or start a new thread in the Alternative Therapies subforum here.

Some posts have been moved to a new thread:

Doctors who promote quack treatments for chronic illnesses

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    bobbler, Andy, Wyva and 3 others like this.
  8. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sadly, this website doesn't seem to be working any more. It was quite useful for me as a reference when someone posted about some brain retraining type therapy and all the miraculous recoveries in my group. It was a great website!

(Btw if someone is in a similar situation to me: apart from this and S4ME, another quite good source for pointing out fraud and unevidenced treatments presented as cures by YouTube gurus etc is showing people the cfs subreddit. If you only look at the heavily moderated YouTube comments, relevant Facebook groups, patient testimonies on those websites, etc, the picture is very rosy and everyone is happy and recovering. But if you look at the cfs subreddit and do a quick search for these names/therapies there, the picture is quite different, a lot of people call Gupta etc a well-known scam and those YouTube influencers grifters. So I find it a good way to show people what the wider ME/CFS community really thinks beyond these "therapists'" own communities.)

EzzieD, shak8, NelliePledge and 5 others like this.