1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Esther Crawley's contribution to #MEawarenessweek

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Cheshire, May 11, 2018.

1. Cheshire

Cheshire Moderator Staff Member

Not a joke... :(

What a bitter hijack...

https://twitter.com/user/status/994897443140587520

Direct link:
    https://www.nihr.ac.uk/blogs/worries-that-keep-you-awake-at-night/8466

Just a little extract to let you have a taste of her revolting prose (this woman really has no decency):
    Leaving the field would be your best contribution, Esther.

Edit: Crawley's desire to be seen as a saint is quite perplexing...

Squeezy, FreeSarah, Joh and 36 others like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Just, wow. Though we shouldn't be surprised really I suppose. I'm tempted to create a Twitter account just to comment on it.

Squeezy, Joh, Hutan and 19 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Not actually sure if she is genuinely oblivious or is trying to provoke a reaction. Which is what Sharpe seems to be angling for in his tweets. Is he more Machiavellian than her???? Or is she cleverer with the sheeps clothing.

Squeezy, Robert, ladycatlover and 8 others like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Archived. :)

So not the most severe then.

Wow, it's almost as if they could get better by themselves [with adequate rest and pacing]...

I'd like to see the research from where that figure comes from.

Yep, it is sad that children get so desperate that they are willing to take part in one of Crawley's trials.

ETA: Added [with adequate rest and pacing] under the second quote from the article.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Squeezy, Joh, Hutan and 18 others like this.
  6. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It’s so shallow and fatuous it certainly feels like mocking ...if you put Jenifer Saunders in your mind pouting as she says it or perhaps Catherine Tate it could be a comedy sketch or parody of someone really fake .... it is clearly her sick sense of humour trying to get a rise out of people and disrupt the media attention.

She’s not stupid just exceedingly manipulative no wonder she got sidetracked into psychology.

Squeezy, Hutan, Binkie4 and 12 others like this.
  7. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not really.

8. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That she's heading a clinic that sells this treatment has of course nothing to do with her motivation to help children.

9. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

“We always use integrated qualitative methods in our trials but (tissue alert), some of what we hear is just so sad:”

More like a bucket ...a tissue would not be sufficient for this vomit inducing bilge!

It is sad though ...

Joh, Woolie, Hutan and 15 others like this.
  10. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is there a study under way testing the curative effects of emesis?

Hutan, Binkie4, Barry and 9 others like this.
  11. petrichor

petrichor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hm this somewhat implies that NIHR isn't being as impartial as they should be.

12. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can someone tweet back link to @Docsimsim and Vink' s take down of FITNET?

13. Andy

Andy Committee Member

@dave30th , thought you might want to see what your BFF has been up to now. ;)

Joh, Binkie4, Jan and 20 others like this.
  14. Anna

Anna Established Member

I find this so insulting and disrespectful, it disgusts me. Just shows what we are up against and just how little they listen to patients. Shocking!:(:mad:

Joh, Woolie, Hutan and 19 others like this.
  15. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So much to be nauseated by in this puff-piece of self-promotion, but one thing I find really telling is this weirdness:
    "My teenagers are often attached to the Wifi by an invisible umbilical cord so I would assume all teenagers would love online treatment." (Emphasis mine)

Just, eeew.

Joh, Woolie, Binkie4 and 13 others like this.
  16. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

17. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

AndyPandy, Binkie4, Jan and 12 others like this.
  18. Tia

Tia Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is so bizarre - to start by making it all about her and what she worries about reads very strangely to me. And the bit where she says:

"Delivering treatment online seems such an obvious way forward for teenagers it is slightly surprising it hasn’t been done before. My teenagers are often attached to the Wifi by an invisible umbilical cord so I would assume all teenagers would love online treatment. But not all do."

...Just because teenagers enjoy using the internet when well, doesn't mean that they think it will provide them with a helpful treatment them when they become seriously ill!! This feels incredibly patronising to me: teenagers aren't stupid.

And to say *tissue alert* in such a flippant way when talking about something so serious. She really doesn't seem to understand professional boundaries. What a strange view of herself she has.

Woolie, Hutan, inox and 23 others like this.
  19. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

She is going for broke

20. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's almost like she is unable to empathize or self reflect.

What a superb example of not understanding that some does not equal all. A recurring pattern.

Are her teenagers receiving online treatment? I doubt it. So why would that be significant at all? Teenagers like ice cream, but it does not follow that they like being locked in the walk in freezer. No wonder she can't tell the difference between a service evaluation and a human study.

Also why are her teenagers attached to Wifi? I could understand their devices being attached...

You probably should. Most of us do. I would not like people who do not worry about starving millions.

They do not lose these things because of ME. They lose these things because of other's reactions to them having ME.

When did this become a 'fact'?

'in our trials but'? why not 'and' instead of 'but'?

Your pre-conceptions are always challenged yet you hold onto them? Why?

Some teenagers like things and others don't. This shows that teenagers are human. I have studied philosophy.

Well that is a profoundly odd piece to read. I read somewhere that writing is 'thinking in slow motion'. I'm not impressed with the thought that went into this.

Woolie, Hutan, Starlight and 21 others like this.