1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Oaklander SFNP video - Small Fibers, Big Pain

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by ScottTriGuy, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Manganus, Skycloud, oldtimer and 7 others like this.
  2. Marco

Marco Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks.

It may have been long (includes 30mins of Q&A) but one of the most entertaining and informative videos I've watched in a long time.

3. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The definition of 'idiopathic' alone makes this worth a watch. :rofl:
    Also extremely informative especially if you have any suggestion of any sort of neuropathy or fibro.

Hutan, ScottTriGuy, oldtimer and 3 others like this.
  4. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree with Marco and it's and not too difficult for people with no relevant background to understand

Marco and Hutan like this.
  5. brf

brf Established Member (Voting Rights)

In his latest video with ME/CFS Alert #98, Dr. David Systrom mentions that Dr. Oaklander will be working with the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centre at Harvard set up through the Open Medicine Foundation.

28:57: DS: One can imagine that that's natural. One does what is in one's wheelhouse, and it is…it's like herding cats on occasion and sometimes there has to be a strong force from above to break down silos and to do exactly that. We've done that here at the Brigham. We've done that with our Dyspnea Clinic. We've done this with this invasive cardiopulmonary exercise test, and just recently you may be aware Llewelyn that Dr. Tompkins, over at MGH, has announced the establishment of Harvard Chronic Fatigue Centre. We are going to be an integral part of that, along with others, including Dr. Oaklander and Dr. Amel Karaa, world-class mitochondrial geneticist at MGH. So this is…this is a wonderful step here in Boston, and I know with the preliminary word has gone out and pleased many of our patients and patient advocates for ME/CFS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMaKfv8peww

OMF Announcement May 23, 2018
    https://www.omf.ngo/collaborative-research-center-harvard/

6. Manganus

Manganus Established Member (Voting Rights)

I agree!

To me, personally, dr Systrom's is the most hope-inspiring lecture or interview I've seen this year. But dr Oaklander for sure is less burdened by latin and strange medical terms. ;)

ScottTriGuy likes this.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for posting that, @ScottTriGuy - I just watched it and it was indeed very interesting.

Does anyone have a link to the the abstract of the paper that Dr Oaklander mentioned that she'd written with Dr Systrom on SFN/CFS? I gather that there isn't a full paper yet.

ScottTriGuy likes this.