1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

DisabilityRights UK "Ground-breaking public consultation on proposals for a better benefits system"

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by JemPD, Aug 21, 2020.

1. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If this is part of developing a White Paper, which is a stage in creating a new Act of Parliament, the UK government must have committed to following up on this consultation.

Disability Rights UK is a pan disability charity set up by merging several previous UK disability organisations. It acts both as a campaign group and an information/advice service.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  3. Gecko

Gecko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Would be great if it is but I can't see anything, bar the words white paper which are in quotation marks, that implies this.

It looks more think tank like to me - studying disability and welfare.

Still could be an interesting project, I haven't taken the survey yet but shall do when energy allows.

4. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@ringding @Forestvon @JoanneS

Looks like a Consultation which our group(s) should be encouraged to take part in.
    Please remind me if I don’t post it next week.....rather a lot going on at the moment!

5. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've done the survey – it's quite long, especially if you have lots to say, but you can do a bit and then go back to it later. The language used is very simple, and it's possible to go through and simply tick boxes if you haven't the energy to write anything.