1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller: Trial By Error: Time to Retract the LP Study; Letter to Archives of Disease in Childhood

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Eagles, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trial By Error: Time to Retract the LP Study; Letter to Archives of Disease in Childhood

http://www.virology.ws/2019/06/03/t...y-letter-to-archives-of-disease-in-childhood/

3 June 2019

By David Tuller, DrPH

Let me say this directly: It is way past time for Archives of Disease in Childhood to consign the pediatric Lightning Process study to the trash bin.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, the Bristol University investigators recruited more than half their participants before trial registration, swapped outcome measures based on the early results, and then failed to disclose these critical details in the paper. More than a decade ago, all the major medical journals banned the publication of any studies in which recruitment pre-dates trial registration. For that reason alone, Archives of Disease in Childhood, a BMJ journal, should not have published it in the first place...

andypants, rvallee, JaneL and 17 others like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good idea to get MPs involved, @dave30th.

3. James

James Established Member (Voting Rights)

Is there a point when the gatekeepers become enablers and is there any method other than litigation that could prevent corruption of the scientific record.