David Tuller Crowdfunding starts May 1st 2024

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Trish, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/proj...m=email&utm_campaign=6c543875396a6d4730706255

Dear Trial By Error Supporter--

Usually the spring crowdfunding is in April; this year it's happening next month. Before it starts, I thought I'd share a few hightlights of my work during the last six months. (You can see all of my Virology Blog posts here.)

Last week I posted an interview with Guardian columnist and political activist George Monbiot--well-known in the UK but not in the US. George recently wrote a scathing account of the decades-long mistreatment of ME/CFS patients in which he blasts the same folks I've been criticizing for years. The post has so far had 5000+ views on youtube.

I also recently posted about guidelines published by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners promoting graded exercise therapy--rechristened as "incremental physical activity"--and actually reference as evidence the fraudulent PACE trial.

Earlier this year, I conducted an interview with journalist Ed Yong, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the pandemic in The Atlantic and brought widespread attention to the issue of Long Covid. My other interviews included a conversation with Dutch investigator Rob Wust about his study of muscle abnormalities in Long Covid and one with the authors of the European ME Alliance's survey of treatment of patients in mutliple countries.

After an extended back-and-forth, the prominent journal NeuroImage: Clinical finally published the letter I spearheaded explaining how neurologists and others promoting the diagnosis of "functional neurological disorder" (FND) have routinely inflated prevalence rates while mis-citing a seminal study in their field of expertise. Nine colleagues--equally troubled by what seems to be a flagrant case of research misconduct--co-signed the letter. I will have more to say about FND in upcoming months.

I have sent letters to The BMJ seeking a correction in a widely publicized paper about a rehab program for Long Covid--the first was co-signed by 11 colleagues, the second by 23. The paper declared the intervention to be clinically effective even thought the results did not meet the designated threshold for clinical significance.

I'm looking forward to continuing the project for another year. After that, we'll see-it might be time to call it a day. But these issues are not going away, so there is still much work to be done.

Thanks again for the past support, I will alert you when the May crowdfunding starts. Please do not click on the link below--there is no active crowdfunding site at the moment.

Edit: Donations are open:
    https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/project/42302

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    Joh, ahimsa, mango and 29 others like this.
  2. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

oh, wow--thanks for posting that here. I just did that because some people had asked me.

Joh, Ash, MEMarge and 18 others like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MSEsperanza, Ash, MEMarge and 9 others like this.
  4. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

just bumping this up made my usual donation yesterday .

MSEsperanza, mango, Ash and 8 others like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

MSEsperanza, Ash, MEMarge and 10 others like this.
  6. Maat

Maat Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Done :thumbup:

MSEsperanza, mango, Ash and 9 others like this.
  7. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MSEsperanza, mango, Binkie4 and 7 others like this.
  8. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Done!

MSEsperanza, mango, Binkie4 and 7 others like this.
  9. MeSci

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  10. MeSci

Kitty, Ash, MSEsperanza and 6 others like this.
  11. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kalliope, EzzieD, rvallee and 9 others like this.
  12. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    Ash, EzzieD, Trish and 5 others like this.
  13. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for posting the updates! It's always up and down and I just expect that by now.

Ash, EzzieD, MeSci and 10 others like this.
  14. MeSci

15. Andy

Andy Committee Member

EzzieD, MeSci, Dolphin and 3 others like this.