1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller Crowdfunding over $75k

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Melanie, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Cohen, Dolphin, fossil and 18 others like this.
  2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I hope momentum stays the same though, if we can get him 3/4 time funded or even full time funded that would be extra awesome for us

alktipping, Sean, mango and 13 others like this.
  3. Starlight

Starlight Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I' m so delighted that the fund has reached this level. I can breathe again!. It would be great if it keeps growing for the last few days. It is so good to have him on board for another year. I really admire his tenacity and fearlessness in the face of the Pace weasels.

4. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

David Tuller posted this on his FB page:

When I launched this year's crowdfunding campaign with a goal of $75,000, I wrote that I hoped to exceed that target, as happened last year. The extra money, I wrote, would go toward travel expenses and/or to increase my Berkeley position slightly above 50 %. Now that seems about to happen, thanks to two excellent events.

First, Berkeley has received a $10,000 gift from an anonymous donor. As of this posting, my current total is $74,591. In addition, Erica Verillo has offered a matching grant of up to $5,000, as she did last year. Erica is well-known in the community as a longtime ME/CFS advocate. She is also the founder of the American Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society (AMMES), which serves the needs of patients and caregivers through support, advocacy and education. Erica will match any donations made from now till the end of the campaign on April 30th, up to a total of $5,000. If all goes well, I will end the campaign with about $85,000.

I am enormously grateful to Erica, the anonymous donor, and every single person who has supported my efforts. That’s 800+ donations and counting…with six days left. Here's the web page for AMMES:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Samuel, Cohen, Alvin and 20 others like this.