1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Covid-19 vaccines and vaccinations

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by hinterland, Dec 3, 2020.

1. RedFox

RedFox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, see "Most Long COVID Cases Started With Mild Symptoms" I personally want as much immunity as possible.

alktipping, Mij, Trish and 3 others like this.
  2. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

CDC / FDA Statement on possibility of small increased risk of stroke following Pfizer bivalent booster.

CDC & FDA Identify Preliminary COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Signal for Persons Aged 65 Years and Older

From the related CNN article:

3. hibiscuswahine

hibiscuswahine Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting, sort of a tiny little red flag, not even a formal watch but not one I would be overly concerned with compared to getting covid and all it’s brain effects, ischaemic or otherwise from multiple pathological processes - further info from paper
    and don’t advise change to vaccination schedule

SNT Gatchaman, RedFox, Trish and 3 others like this.
  4. Tara Green

Tara Green Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone think it worth doing an outline of some of the latest videos of Dr J Campbell? I've watched them and they look sound to me.

TigerLilea likes this.
  5. RedFox

Sounds like a blip.

6. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know if they are sound or not. He is a relatable character but I don't have the science to assess his work. I have read a critique of his talk on the Swindon data by an Australian researcher which is hard on him. I have read other critiques which say his earlier reports were very sound but that more recently, that isn't the case.
    I was directed to looking at his work by an acquaintance, a Ph. D researcher who has spent the whole of his career on medical research and who valued John Campbell's work.

I do think that there is more to look at than the formal narrative that has enveloped us.

7. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Peter Trewhitt and NelliePledge like this.
  8. Trish

I watched one of John Campbell's videos and wasn't impressed. He was showing cumulative graphs on excess deaths which if you don't understand how these graphs work can give the impression that excess deaths are accelerating. He also claimed that 'none of this is down to Covid' which is frankly untrue - there's still a lot of Covid about, as well as flu - both causing deaths. I would expect this to mean there are excess deaths still compared to pre pandemic. And he just dropped hints that nobody knows the cause, clearly implying it is something to do with vaccines.

Here's what it says on Wikipedia;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)
    There's a lot more detail there about his misuse of information and factually incorrect claims.

He's a retired nurse who makes millions from his poorly researched and presented videos with limited understanding of statistics. I'm not impressed.

Helena, SNT Gatchaman, Mij and 9 others like this.
  9. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

I watched a few of his vids a while back, and he was a mixed bag then. Sounds like it has got worse since.

10. Tara Green

Tara Green Senior Member (Voting Rights)

11. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Ariel, RedFox, Peter Trewhitt and 2 others like this.
  12. Trish

Reinforcing just how bad Campbell's false analysis of excess death data is, I watched the Indie Sage on the subject yesterday. Here's my comment:
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/united-kingdom-independent-sage.24432/page-4#post-458132

13. Binkie4

CDC Director of Vaccine Task Force, Tom Shimabukuro , acknowledges that the CDC is aware of reports of the vaccines causing debilitating illnesses. They recognise the distress the ilhealth causes especially in these circumstances ( presumably mandating them)and will continue to monitor adverse events.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1618761670251413505

Edit: he didn't actually say there was a causal relationship but that there were reports of vaccine causing illhealth. Let's see what monitoring adverse events shows up.
    edit2) But aren't they doing this already?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    MeSci, Ariel, Lilas and 3 others like this.
  14. RedFox

The text of the Tweet is misleading. Here's what the CDC vaccines director actually said:
    Again, he never said there was a causal relationship between the vaccines and health problems.

However, the way he spoke is concerning. It's all non-action. We need to determine:
    • Are these health problems causally related to the vaccine?
    • How many reports have been received?
    • Which vaccines are they associated with?
    • What's your odds of the vaccine causing you chronic health problems?
    • Is the rate higher than well-established vaccines or the background rate of disease incidence?
    • Who is at risk?
    • What is the prognosis?
    Why wasn't this caught in the phase 3 trial? is perhaps the most concerning. If the reason is because the vaccines aren't the actual cause or the rate is extremely low, that's reassuring. If it's because people in the trial did get POTS/ME/etc. and their doctors failed to diagnose them, it will require changes to future studies.

The possible, unconfirmed presence of rare and severe adverse reactions isn't a good reason to not get vaccinated. But it's the CDC's duty to thoroughly investigate it.

15. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's easy to say that if you were lucky enough not to have any adverse reaction(s) to the covid vaccines. I haven't been able to work for the past 16 months thanks to the vaccines. I'm tired of people denying that the vaccines are responsible. I've had adverse reactions with all three shots and each time the symptoms have become progressively worse and take longer to partially recover from. It's bad enough having ME, but this on top of it has robbed me of most of the past two years of my life. It's also made it so that I can no longer have the flu vaccine as I had side-effects from that within hours of having the shot in December. In all my years of getting the flu vaccine I've never had a reaction before.

I am one of 33,000 people registered in British Columbia as having long term adverse reactions to the covid shots. It's real. It's happening.

16. Binkie4

Really sorry you have reacted so badly and are so ill@TigerLilea. I too reacted badly to all 3 vaccinations. The third was terrifying, worse than anything I've ever experienced. I haven't taken v4 and 5 and was strongly advised not to. One doctor at least recognised the link.
    I wonder if the formal narrative will ever change from rare adverse effects. There are a lot of people out there with grave concerns.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    hibiscuswahine, Lilas, MeSci and 5 others like this.
  17. Binkie4

TigerLilea and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  18. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The cardinal example is Maddie de Garay, who was the 12 year old on the Pfizer trial. She was devastated by severe ME/CFS, but she was taken off-trial and deemed not a vaccine-related adverse event.

Googling for a basic summary of that case, I am linking to Fox News and Tucker Carlson. Most other links I could find were not suitable, but I think this illustrates one of the problems when people's concerns and even basic scientific data are dismissed - they are forced to go others who will listen even when their agenda can be highly problematic.

hibiscuswahine, Ariel, obeat and 4 others like this.
  19. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

vEidence that the time of the day of vaccine administration influences the adaptive immune response

Influence of circadian clocks and adaptive immunity and vaccination responses, 2023, Louise Madeleine Ince et al

Abstract
    The adaptive immune response is under circadian control, yet, why adaptive immune reactions continue to exhibit circadian changes over long periods of time is unknown. Using a combination of experimental and mathematical modeling approaches, we show here that dendritic cells migrate from the skin to the draining lymph node in a time-of-day-dependent manner, which provides an enhanced likelihood for functional interactions with T cells. Rhythmic expression of TNF in the draining lymph node enhances BMAL1-controlled ICAM-1 expression in high endothelial venules, resulting in lymphocyte infiltration and lymph node expansion. Lymph node cellularity continues to be different for weeks after the initial time-of-day-dependent challenge, which governs the immune response to vaccinations directed against Hepatitis A virus as well as SARS-CoV-2.

In this work, we present a mechanistic understanding of the time-of-day dependent development and maintenance of an adaptive immune response, providing a strategy for using time-of-day to optimize vaccination regimes.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-35979-2

RedFox, MeSci, hibiscuswahine and 4 others like this.
  20. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So what time of day is it saying is best to get vaccinated? i cant pick out the key point through all that information

RedFox, Wits_End, oldtimer and 2 others like this.