1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Could the kynurenine pathway be the key missing piece of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) complex puzzle?, 2022, Kavyani

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

I'm sure that Chris Ponting at the University of Edinburgh would give his honest opinion on the pros and cons of working with patients if you or someone else from your team wanted to get in contact with him. DecodeME has both a Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Steering Group (equivalent to a patient advisory group) as well as patients and/or carers as team members working to deliver all the different aspects of the study.

FMMM1, RedFox, Ravn and 5 others like this.
  2. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Agreed
    Basically there's no objective evidence that psychological interventions (CBT, GET etc.) work. The evidence from PACE etc. is that the little objective evidence collected indicates no increase in hours worked +++ (objective indicators).
    We may have some fairly robust exchanges on this site but the bottom line is folks here expect objective evidence.

RedFox and cfsandmore like this.