1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Claim (PACE) ME/CFS cured by changing mind on way out HealthInsightUK Blog post by Jerome Burne (2019)

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Suffolkres, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Arnie Pye and BruceInOz like this.
  2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Article in 'Alliance for natural health' which appears to be selling 'natural products' (ie they appear to be promoting anti 'drug based' treatments). I haven't read all their blurb but no doubt someone will!

Nevertheless, good that Jeromes piece is being picked up and particularly criticism of the PACE trial
    https://www.anhinternational.org/news/pharmascope-the-tool-that-may-have-blinded-your-doctor/

Sean, rvallee, JemPD and 3 others like this.
  3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think that for the PACE authors and their ilk, the sh*t has now just about reached the fan.

Sean, rvallee, JemPD and 3 others like this.
  4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Possibly, but the PACErs are in a bunker, in another country, busy peer reviewing their own papers on why fans are an artifact of disordered mental processes best treated by graded running around therapy.

So they probably won't notice.

5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They just might be heading for extradition.

Wonko likes this.
  6. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

28 April 2019 at 6:49 pm

Thank you for this short pithy response to Jerome's excellent resume'.
    'The claim that the cure for the crippling fatigue of ME/CFS was to change your mind always seemed bizarre. Now it really is on the way out…'

Oh,.... if only .....and... I wish! NICE is currently repeating the mistakes from the past in it's appraoch to the NICE Guidance Review for ME and CFS.
    The ME Community is fearful of the likely hi jacking and outcome.

Meanwhile, the ME Community is pulling together to help fund the necessary challenge to all this nonsense- Trial By Error: Reporting on ME/CFS and Related Controversies https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/project/14941
    It has 2 days to run and to meet it's goal!

While Trial By Error began 3+ years ago as an in-depth look at the PACE trial, it has expanded to include other research from the GET/CBT ideological brigades and some of the controversies around the illness or cluster of illnesses known variously as ME, CFS, ME/CFS, and CFS/ME.

Please support this very worthy appeal please, because, 'we' ME and CFS patients and families are worth it!

( 658.jpg Sorry mods if this is on the wrong thread! Cats!)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  7. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

:D

8. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought this was a further testimony to our "activism', '.......vexacious or not'!
    I might ask permission to lift this and put it on our NHS Service blog and website!

https://www.anhinternational.org/our-work/activism/
    Activism
    “Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” - Simone de Beauvoir

"Change doesn’t happen by itself. It needs activists, people who’re prepared to get out of their comfort zones and help others do the same. Being an activist – a change agent – is about being empowered and empowering others.

Powerful corporate and governmental forces dictate the ways in which our societies operate. They dictate the way most of the world’s food is produced and delivered to us and the ways in which health authorities and the medical mainstream propose that health and disease should be managed."

NelliePledge and andypants like this.