Chronic fatigue syndrome following typhoid infection: neurasthenia, 2019, Gantait

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free full text:
    https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8aef/a8712855903a234f7e0300555ce3feedad2f.pdf

DokaGirl and spinoza577 like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

That first sentence :banghead::wtf:

3. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:banghead::banghead:

That's 30 seconds of my life I won't get back! :laugh:

4. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There may well be a reason for that

ladycatlover, Webdog, ukxmrv and 16 others like this.
  5. spinoza577

spinoza577 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

?????????????????????

what is it, hell or kindergarden?

6. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From the article:

"Despite increased research efforts and advanced investigative modalities, CFS remains a poorly understood condition with no absolute or palliative cure in sight with many patients continuing the treatment for a long time."

It appears often the case that BPS researchers report great biomedical effort and funds have been put into ME without result. The opposite is actually the case. Pathetically little funds and government effort have been expended on this prevalent, very debilitating physical disease. Those not in the know about the 50 year dearth of research funding may assume that ME is indeed a psychological illness, as they assume all efforts have been made to find a physical cause. Whereas in actual fact, very little effort has been made to find the physical cause or causes of ME.
    If one compares government funds allotted to this disease to what others of lesser impact receive, the picture of neglect starts to emerge.

Kitty, Sid, Atle and 9 others like this.
  7. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Particularly this part:
    Which almost never happens precisely because of the false psych narrative. It's literally advised not to try to diagnose as part of the model. Do these people ever hear themselves talk? They just like the sound of their voice and aren't bothered about saying nonsense?

ladycatlover, Kitty, Atle and 4 others like this.
  8. rvallee

Ah yes well when you reject things you don't like you get to claim anything you want as an alternative.

Kitty and DokaGirl like this.
  9. rvallee

This case report is all over the damn place. What a complete mess the psychiatrist did with this disease. They just broke everything.

Kitty and DokaGirl like this.
  10. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The third and last sentences are bad too...

11. Sid

Sid Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's such a vicious cycle of abuse and marginalisation.

Illness gets no funding --->> LOL your illness has no identifiable physical cause ---->> illness gets even less funding and becomes even more of a career suicide for researchers to enter the field and so on.

Kitty, rvallee, ukxmrv and 4 others like this.