1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic fatigue syndrome and idiopathic intracranial hypertension: Different manifestations of the same disorder of intracranial, 2017, Higgins et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, May 5, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full text available at https://www.medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(17)30418-8/fulltext

Has inspired this letter
    Full letter paywalled at https://www.clinicalkey.com/#!/cont...0306987718302895?returnurl=null&referrer=null

Forbin, AliceLily, Barry and 7 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

This is an interesting paper. The authors do acknowledge possible issues with a placebo effect with the reported improvement.

It would be good if people with long standing CFS had cerebrospinal fluid pressures measured. It's not something that has ever been suggested to me even though I have sometimes reported frequent headaches and a feeling of head pressure.

@Andy, what did the letter say?

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

My internet provider blocks Sci Hub unfortunately, so I've posted all that I know I'm afraid.

Hutan likes this.
  4. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can't you just get around that by using different DNS servers? That works in Australia and is very easy to do.

adreno likes this.
  5. Lisa108

Lisa108 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Inara and Hutan like this.
  6. Seven

Seven Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think yet again this is a sub group, I also believe some of us have another cause for the leak.
    I got my pressure meassure and it was ok. But I could swear I have leaks. I get this bump, pressure like and a few days later I feel some liquid spilled. Burns like hell, kind of like head acid reflux. Then my bump goes down. I do not get the regular leak headaches. Sometimes picking or like 25 cent round pain, hard to explain but it is always localized. I do not leak very often (I do not get the salty liquid either on throat).
    But I think some imflamtion is causing the leak not the pressure per say.

adambeyoncelowe likes this.