1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic fatigue syndrome against the background of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2021, Nikitina & Levin

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by ola_cohn, Dec 8, 2021.

1. ola_cohn

ola_cohn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Abstract
    The more we learn about the new coronavirus infection, the more we understand that we will feel the echoes of the pandemic for many years, and those who have successfully endured the acute phase of COVID-19 may face the consequences of the infection. One of the most frequent manifestations will be the development of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) after COVID-19. This article discusses the possible causes of the development of CFS, as well as possible ways of its treatment and prevention.

Keywords: COVID-19; SARS-CoV2; chronic fatigue syndrome; coronavirus; grandaxin; tofizopam.

Open access full text
    https://www.mediasphera.ru/issues/z...m-s-s-korsakova/2021/10-2/1199772982021102092
    Full article is in Russian, abstract has also been published in English

2. cfsandmore

cfsandmore Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Grandaxin has a moderate stimulating activity, which is important for patients with CFS."

"In 2021, at the Nizhny Novgorod Regional Clinical Hospital named after V.I. ON THE. Semashko, a study was conducted on the possibility of using daytime anxiolytics to correct residual neurological manifestations of COVID-19. The study involved patients who underwent COVID-19, who, 4 weeks after the end of treatment, had complaints about their underlying disease, suggesting the presence of an anxiety disorder. The Hamilton scale (HAM-A) was used to assess the level of anxiety. Patients were examined before the start of treatment, after 2, 4 and 6 weeks of therapy. Before starting therapy, all patients had a general high level of anxiety: the mean HAM-A score was 31.72 ± 2.24. After the completion of therapy with Grandaxin, all patients showed a decrease in the level of anxiety: the mean HAM-A score was 12.68 ± 2.04. Moreover, normalization of the structure and quality of sleep was noted during treatment with Grandaxin. After the end of the course of therapy, patients noted an increase in mental performance, improved memory and attention. There was a decrease in the severity of anxiety-associated cognitive disorders. Also, as a result of the study, by the end of the 2nd week of therapy with Grandaxin, the severity of somatic muscle disorders decreased by 30% [48].

If we consider the issue of preventing CFS, then it should be noted that positive thoughts and an optimistic attitude, as well as regular moderate physical activity and proper nutrition are currently the only effective way to prevent CFS, including against the background of COVID-19."

3. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Checklist for my pre-ME days:

- Positive thoughts :thumbup:
    - Optimistic attitude :thumbup:
    - Proper nutrition :thumbup:
    - Regular moderate intense physical activity :emoji_warning:

Oh, OK, now I see how I ruined my whole life.

TiredSam, cfsandmore, EzzieD and 12 others like this.
  4. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I speak Russian so I can read this bulge in the original!!

cfsandmore, ukxmrv, EzzieD and 7 others like this.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There is no scientifically established way to prevent CFS in part because we do not understand the cause and in part because these claims arise out of unproven hypotheses. Its even worse when you realise these kinds of hypotheses have been found wanting in the science, and that is the polite version.

cfsandmore, EzzieD, Wonko and 5 others like this.
  6. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Nobody bulges like the Russians. :whistle:

alktipping likes this.