1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

CFS: prevalence in human-to-human sphere workers, factors contributing to formation and its impact on health, 2020, Petrishcheva et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free full text: http://ejobios.org/article/chronic-...n-sphere-workers-factors-contributing-to-7532

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

The solution - prevention using cultural activities and access to sessions with psychologists.

I think they are talking about stress/burnout, not CFS.

MEMarge, Snow Leopard, Andy and 14 others like this.
  3. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I did not read the full article as it seemed a totally pointless exercise so I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick, but it seems not to be a study relating in any way to people diagnosed with ‘chronic fatigue syndrome’, rather one looking at the perceptions of social workers.

How is it that people feel it acceptable to draw totally nonsense conclusion in relation to ME/CFS?

MEMarge, Mithriel, Andy and 8 others like this.
  4. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think this study can be cited as an example of how the name chronic fatigue syndrome leads to misunderstanding.

I think both the authors and respondents wouldnt as eaily have confused fatigue, emotional distress and burnout with our illness if it was named myalgic encephalomyelitis or even systemic exertion imtolerance disease.

MEMarge, Snow Leopard, ukxmrv and 6 others like this.