1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 11th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Book: An Adolescent's Guide to Me/Cfs: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Tom Kindlon, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Californian editor publishes book
    Vidhima Shetty sheds light on the little-known disease of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

"Recently, I had the opportunity to publish my first book, “An Adolescent’s Guide to ME/CFS.”

What started as a newspaper article in The Californian two years ago led to a product that will hopefully educate one more person or patient about myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome."

"The story of my book all began when I decided to write my first article in The Californian as a sophomore, about two years ago. I had learned that my neighbor, Tom Camenzind, who was a former student at Cal High, had to drop out of Stanford University because of a disease that he had. The topic was relevant, and it was a subject that I wasn’t familiar with, so I decided to look more into this disease and write an article about my neighbor.

Once I had interviewed his family, other patients, and the founders of ME/CFS foundations as sources for my article, a new sight began unravelling in front of me. This community of patients and their families were struggling with this disease – a complex, debilitating disease that has no biomarker, pinpointed cause, FDA approved treatment, or cure."

full article here:
    https://www.thecalifornianpaper.com/2018/09/californian-editor-publishes-book/

andypants, Sean, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Good article. It sounds like she's done here research well and is very supportive of pwME. Proceeds of sale of the book are going to OMF.

andypants, Sean, MEMarge and 2 others like this.