1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blogs: Jennie Spotila - Occupy M.E.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Hutan, Nov 22, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2022
    New York Magazine Article Biased and Riddled with Errors

Today I sent the following email to the Editor of New York Magazine:

As a reader of New York Magazine, I have come to expect your articles to be accurate, well-researched, and fair. Unfortunately your recent piece, “Has Long COVID Always Existed?” by Jeff Wise is none of these things. As someone familiar with the topics covered, I can tell you that the article is misleading, biased, and riddled with errors. Worse, it exacerbates longstanding misconceptions that people with ME/CFS and Long COVID must overcome when seeking effective care, and it risks reviving myths about this condition that I and many others have worked for decades to dispel.

2. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is an excellent letter. Most likely the magazine editor will just ignore it in favour of supporting the article they published, but, the letter says what needs saying, and conveys it very well. I like that she proposes to them that she write an article on the subject herself - would be great if they took her up on it! (One can live in hope of them being fair and unbiased...)