1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice
Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm getting quite a few stories about Bird flu spreading to humans and the possibility of a Bird flu pandemic coming up in my news feed.
    This is one of the latest;
    Bird flu found in dead seals on UK beach as public urged to stay away from animal corpses

Bird flu found in dead seals on UK beach as public urged to stay away from animal corpses (msn.com)

MeSci, alktipping, Laurie P and 8 others like this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's been absolutely devastating for wildlife, I only hope it doesn't jump to humans in a form that's easily transmissible.

3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I really hope that in 6 months, a year, we aren't all talking about bird flu that has spread to humans. There have been some cases of animal-to-human transmission, which, although few, is very worrying. I hope a bird flu vaccine is in progress.

It's not only a vaccine we need for a possible pandemic. To ward it off, we need to reform factory farming and make sure wild animals have their habitats, unmolested by humans.

Wits_End, MeSci, geminiqry and 10 others like this.
  4. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

amen

MeSci, DokaGirl, Laurie P and 3 others like this.
  5. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Agreed. And in the UK the game bird industry sure1y needs to be reduced and face much stricter regu1ation (not sure what the situation is in other countries).

https://www.birdguides.com/articles...mprise-half-of-wild-avian-biomass-in-britain/

Ariel, MeSci, CRG and 2 others like this.