1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Biopsychosocial seminar in Norway (June 2018)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So apparently prof. Wyller has stood on the stage at this seminar today during his lecture and talked about Lightning Process as a way out of ME. I just can't believe it...

Anna H, mango, NelliePledge and 14 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Any other news about Wyller or Larun?

3. Kalliope

Not that I know of. I doubt I know anyone in the audience. Larun will give a talk tomorrow about GET.

4. Kalliope

I spotted this picture on Facebook. It is prof. Wyller on the stage. The slide says (hastily translated):

Thomas (31 years) - about automatic interpretation

CFS/ME after mononucleosis

1 1/2 year bed bound in dark room at nursing home

Recovered after "Lightning process" - and still completely healthy many years later

"I walk in and out of the hospital for two months (due to mononucleosis). I start consider myself as fragile, and I become very attentive towards my own body..."

I become a "master" in listening to my body. If I experience that something makes me worse, I get more careful the next time. Everything is only about causes and effects"

"LP makes me question my conception about cause and effect. It makes me do things, that I previously had thought excessed my limits, without believing or be scared I'll get a reaction. And then I didn't get it either".

34778685_861761357344472_7045204012915752960_o.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

They really are descending into madness, aren't they. :grumpy:

6. Peter

Peter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Welcome to Norway! No one should be blinded by a little funding for biomedical research or a prime minister offering a kind of excuse. That doesn’t change the fundamentals. Don’t get the impression that the situation on the other side of the North Sea is good. Except some funding and some scientifically sound work done in Bergen, there is very little to cheer about. There is mainly the categoric activist Wyller and his personal opinions, add LP, health authorities doing very little and some sort of knowledge center that have worked for five years and done more harm than good. Still we somewhat remain absurdly optimistic? At least we’re not Denmark.. And then feeling sorry for all danish patients.

7. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sounds like we're not going to get info on the talk, but I thought I'd ask if you heard anything just in case.