1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Backbench Business Committee for next Parliament debate

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagle, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Can you give the link for where this is from Linda? As, admittedly from my dodgy memory, that looks exactly the same as what was said the first time around, when they settled for a Westminster Hall debate.

It's M.E. Linda and JohnTheJack like this.
  2. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

Not wishing to reply on behalf of Linda, but here is the latest.
    http://data.parliament.uk/writtenev...oposals-for-backbench-debates/oral/92638.html

Under Q8.

The Chair says:
    We haven’t had any Chamber time for about five weeks. As I speak, we haven’t yet been informed that we have any time in the weeks to come; there is certainly none this week, and we haven’t been given any indication of having time next week. We have 10 unheard debates looking for Chamber time on the stocks, so I think Bob’s counsel is very wise.

And then right at the bottom says:
    For the information of our colleagues from Ghana, the debates as yet unheard are on quite a range of subjects—on a cumulative impact assessment of changes to disability support; on children’s social care in England; on settling the debt owed to victims of the Equitable Life scandal; on the sustainability of maintained nursery schools; on beer taxation and pubs; on the protection of home buyers; on appropriate ME treatment; on the UN report on the Rohingya refugee crisis; and on International Men’s Day. We have a fairly broad span of subjects waiting to be debated.

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Ahh, OK, thanks John, I understand now with that second bit you quote.

4. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry I disappeared @Andy , @JohnTheJack very kindly assisted me in providing the link !

Andy likes this.