1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Article: New clinical trial aims to improve diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of long COVID

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Sly Saint, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.miragenews.com/new-clinical-trial-aims-to-improve-diagnosis-597717/

Simon M, Michelle, JaneL and 10 others like this.
  2. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Excellent news and hope for pwLC.

I hope that ME is not bypassed by these and other researchers

Noi, Sean, TigerLilea and 3 others like this.
  3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Simon M, Sean, Snow Leopard and 7 others like this.
  4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Barry
    This is quite hopeful.

:)

Barry, Peter Trewhitt and alktipping like this.
  5. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seems pretty sketchy.....the living with "recovery program" is a hodgpodge of online advice with the goal grinding through as many patients as possible.

Then either concurrently in a seperate trial or amongst the existing trial will be the drug testing, it's a bit unclear from the wording.

I hope the authors have some airtight methodology planned because there are a lot of moving parts here. Colchicine was another drug at the Stanford clinic a few years back but I guess interest in that died out.

Barry, Trish, Sean and 6 others like this.
  6. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Framing this as "rehabilitation" is especially problematic considering this is what has been tried for the past damn year, entirely wasted expecting it to work so strongly nobody cares that it clearly doesn't. It's literally why research is needed, because of a useless "rehabilitation" paradigm that doesn't even care if there's anything to "rehabilitate", it just plows on and on mindlessly.

We know for a fact this is not relevant. It's an outcome, not a process. Ugh. This is so on brand, "good news" that are actually bad news but it's hard to make it obvious without sounding defeatist except we know how this plays out, it's always the same damn circular failure.

Barry, Sly Saint, Trish and 8 others like this.