Advocacy idea: Pay for ads to advertise medical research studies that are struggling to recruit.

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Tom Kindlon, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Advocacy idea: Pay for ads to advertise medical research studies that are struggling to recruit.

I've just done this for a 35km radius around Boston in Massachusetts on Facebook for Michael VanElzakker's interesting study

Michael VanElzakker posted this on Oct 22 after a similar Covid study came out:

"I've been recruiting for this same study in ME patients since before the pandemic, but people are not volunteering."

2. Tom Kindlon

Somebody who had Facebook ad credits previously donated many to me for use for the ME/CFS cause.
    So have done this previously for other ME/CFS research studies, but I no longer have longer to those credits so this is the first time I've paid for an ad with my own money.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  3. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks Tom!
    Very kind :heart:

4. Tom Kindlon

Technical note: Facebook ads can only be around 30% text including comments by the advertiser included with the image. That's why I didn't promote the other, text-heavy image for this study.

livinglighter, Sean, DokaGirl and 8 others like this.
  5. Tom Kindlon

Peter and another person who wants to remain anonymous have now generously donated to boost the ad to more people in the Boston area (I had only paid for €35 worth of advertising).

Incidentally none of us live in the US.

livinglighter, EzzieD, Sean and 13 others like this.